Being popular in the name of Software-as-a-service, SaaS is a cloud-based service model. All software-based on SaaS can be directly operated through the internet browser. There is no requirement for downloading any application. There is a wide range of business applications, including office software that is running on SaaS. The data can be accessed just with the help of a web browser and a strong internet connection. There is a provision of subscription by which the company can access the data through the internet browser. There is no requirement of extensive hardware involvement. All IT responsibilities, like troubleshoot problems, can be outsourced. The specialization and the budget of the company must be known before running into any subscription-based SaaS model. Both individual users and business owners can use SaaS with the same flexibility. SaaS is the blessing of science and technology.
Advantages of SaaS:
- Cost reduction:-The cost of purchasing and maintaining the IT software is enormous. SaaS eliminates this option; hence enough savings is done.
- Easy accessibility:-The data can be accessed just with the help of vital internet service and a digital device. Thus, cloud-hosted software makes the work easy.
- Effortless scalability:-There will be options to expand the business by buying new subscription plans or upgrading the old one. Buying costly software is never an option.
- Easy upgrades:- The upgrades of software and hardware require enough cost. The application is subjected to external threats if not upgraded. No such problems arise with the use of SaaS.
- Resilient performance:-The lost data can be obtained even if the hardware device is damaged. Cloud storage is a safe place for storing confidential data.
Disadvantages of SaaS:
- SaaS will not function until and unless there is an internet connection. Hence, it isn’t easy to operate with SaaS when the location is remote.
- The data security procedure is not adequate in an application model based on SaaS. The access management and the access management provisions of the third-party service provider must be checked before jumping into any conclusion.
- In-house software may face problems with integration. Moreover, the external software might not get acquainted with the data structure.
What is the future of Saas?
With the help of SaaS, new application models are developed and invented. These applications are robust and multi-facilitated. Hence it is grabbing the attention of the vendors and software developers. Cloud-based computing is a recent trend in software engineering. Therefore, the model and application of SaaS have become an active part of the business model. There is a scope of more development of the applications regarding creation and deployment.
Some of the productive applications using Saas are as follows:-
- Data collection
- Data visualization
- Internet of things
- Artificial intelligence
Saas is a beneficial tool for both suppliers and users. Controlling the data will always be in priority for the big companies. Hence they will choose to purchase costly cloud management services. But the small scale business can get enough benefits regarding the development and expansion of their business.
Author: Nancy Kapoor